In this episode, Jason A. Staples, Ph.D., a historian of early Judaism and Christianity, returns to answer 12 questions Erik poses about the Bible. Here are a few of the questions addressed in this episode:
- What do the different names of God mean in the Old Testament?
- What is the difference between the mind, heart, and soul?
- Jesus comes across as cautious in Matthew, Mark, and Luke and with guns blazing in the Gospel of John. Why?
- What do you wish your students understood better about the Bible?
- Is the Bible holy?
- Jason A. Staples, Ph.D. website – https://www.jasonstaples.com/
- Jason’s upcoming book to be published by Cambridge University Press – The Idea of Israel in Second Temple Judaism: A New Theory of People, Exile, and Israelite Identity
- Sign up for Jason’s newsletter
- Something Awry in the Temple? The rending of the temple veil and early Jewish sources that report unusual phenomena in the temple around AD 30 by Robert L. Plummer
- Erik’s Thoughts Per Book of the Bible
- Podcast Episode: the Bible
- Podcast Episode: Proverbs
- Get Book Ideas
- Books of Titans Website